During your 18 days you will:
- Practice daily: asana, pranayama, meditation, mantras, bandhas, mudras, kriyas
- Learn how to use verbal cueing, demonstration, and adjustments to lead students into poses
- Acquire skill in the use of props and modifying poses
- Explore class sequencing
- Study anatomy and physiology, along with physical and energetic alignment as applied to the practice of yoga
- Discuss the basic history and philosophy of yoga, including the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, exploring their relevance to teaching yoga classes
- Examine the ethics of teaching yoga, working to develop your own ethical code
- Practice teaching and receive constructive feedback
- Develop a personal plan for how you will move forward after the training
Small classes (no more than 12 students) assure you will receive personalized attention and support.
During your course, you will enrich your knowledge to grow on your path of teaching yoga. The minimum requirement is to have had a committed practice of yoga for one year and a desire to deepen your practice. It is not necessary that you have the desire to be a yoga teacher, although that is what you will be qualified and certified to do once you complete the training.
Building on your personal practice, you will be immersed in the physical, historical, philosophical, and theoretical roots of Hatha Yoga with an intimate group of fellow students. You will encounter challenges and discover how to breathe and grow through them. You will have opportunities to work through old patterns to find your deeper knowing, creating a stronger connection to your truest Self. Through the 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training program you will find the voice of your authentic inner teacher, giving you the tools to share your knowledge in meaningful ways out in the world.
Yoga training: $1650
Room and Board for 17 days: $900
- Deposit of $500 secures your registration
- Costa Rica Nationals receive a 25% discount
- Payment plans are available
“Mary’s teaching style is balanced, authentic and dynamic. She pulls in lots of enriching additional resources and information to really ground the ancient aspects of yoga in a modern context. The training is comprehensive and well honed. Mary’s patience, wisdom, intelligence and many years of deep practice and teaching create a rich, safe, respectful environment that lends itself to deeper individualized practice of yogic philosophy, asana and pranayama.”VH